Our purpose is to provide opportunities for children and youth, and those who care for them, to realize their potential and become caring, self-directed individuals, responsible to themselves and others; and to improve those conditions in society that affect children, youth and their families.
Serving youth from ages 3 to 18, Camp Fire helps boys and girls learn and play side by side in comfortable, informal settings. Our co-ed programs allow parents to consolidate schedules for both their daughters and sons. Our trained staff and volunteers, using carefully constructed national curricula, lead participants through programs that are enjoyable and beneficial to youth of all ages and that encourage exploration in a safe atmosphere.
- Camp Fire is co-ed, serving boys and girls ages 3 – 18.
- Camp Fire is inclusive, serving youth and families regardless of any kind of diversity.
- Camp Fire is proactive, giving youth the skills to be successful in life.
- Camp Fire is long-term, serving youth from the earliest years to young adulthood.
- Camp Fire employs ‘Best Practices’* in youth development with research tested curricula that guide youth through experiences that foster leadership, self-esteem and cooperation.
*Camp Fire curriculum is linked to the nationally developed McRel Education Standards, supporting and enriching our after-school programs.
Camp Fire Beliefs:
- We believe that children and youth are our most precious resources.
- We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
- We are committed to co-education, providing opportunities for boys, girls and families to develop together.
- We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
- We are inclusive, welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or other aspects of diversity.
- We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
- We enrich parents’ and other adults’ lives by expanding their skills and encouraging them to share their talents and build relationships with children and youth.
- We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.We respect and celebrate nature.