1914- First official record of Camp Fire USA Inland Northwest Council
1922- The first Council meeting was held March 10, 1922, with Dr. H.A. Benefiel as the President and Miss Annette Francisco hired as the Executive Director. The Council was then known as the Inland Empire Council of Camp Fire.
That following year in June, 16 acres with ‘ miles of shoreline was purchased at Mica Bay on Lake Coeur d’Alene for $4,000, The camp was named Sweyolakan, a Native American word for ‘sigh of the pines’
1945- The Spokane Kiwanis Charities provided 40 acres on the Little Spokane River, this piece of property came to be known as Camp Dart-Lo
1981- Council became known as Inland Empire Council of Camp Fire when ‘Girls’ was dropped from the name
1983- Recruitment of boys actively began
1989- Shoshone Council and White Pine merged. As a result, Camp Aowakiya became a camping resource for area children.
1992- White Pine Council of Camp Fire (North Idaho) merged into Inland Empire and became a stand alone district
1994- Merger of Sacajawea Council into Inland Empire.
1995- Neewahlu Camp Fire Inc., a 100-acre outdoor program site on Kidd Island Bay, Lake Coeur d’Alene, dissolved and was given to Council
1996- Neewahlu opened as a program site for Camp Fire and community groups
1997- 75th Celebration of Camp Sweyolakan
1999- Spokane Service Center purchase in Spokane Valley
2001- Pool complex dedication at Camp Dart-Lo
2002- Council officially changed name to Camp Fire USA Inland Northwest Council
2004 – Neewahlu sold to private buyer
2012 – Spokane Camp Fire office sold in Spokane Valley
2013 – Council officially changed name to Camp Fire Inland Northwest